Sunday, February 14, 2010

60 Miles!!! (02/14/10)

Today, I passed 60 miles in my training. I have trained on 24 days since I signed up. I have spent just shy of 29 hours walking or using the elliptical to get 63.3 miles under my belt. 60 miles is a long way and it's a bit daunting to think about doing that kind of mileage in 3 days. But I wouldn't have signed up to do this if I were easily daunted. I have noticed that as I have gradually increased my walking distance, it is getting easier to do the longer distance. My recovery is faster. I don't get as tired doing it.

I've had a couple people ask me "How are you ever going to walk 60-miles in three days?" My answer has always been, "One step at a time." I am feeling rather ecstatic about reaching this 60-mile mark in my training. I now have empirical experience of just how far 60-miles is, and instead of feeling daunted, it feels more doable than ever! Every step that I take in my training gets me closer to my goal.

Fundraising: Total: $2,105.00
Training: 4.7 miles in 1 hour 45 min
Total miles to date: 63.3

(02/13/10)
Fundraising: Total: $2,105.00
Training: 4.2 miles in 1 hour 30 min
Total miles to date: 58.6

No comments:

Post a Comment