Monday, February 1, 2010

My First Walk (01/14/10)

Did my first walk today and managed to go 2.7 miles in 1 hour. I also learned a few things.

1) I am out of shape. Oh wait, that isn't news, but I certainly felt it today on this walk.
2) I should have clipped my toenails before I walked.
3) I need a different water bottle. I had to carry mine in my hand the whole time and that got old REALLY fast. I had read in the handbook that you shouldn't carry anything while you walk and I now have first hand experience why.
4) I wanted to quit about 25 minutes into it. I kept going and about 10 minutes later, felt better.
5) I need to put some new walking shoes on my shopping list. The ones I have are already irritating my feet.

My husband is awesome though. I came home and he had dinner almost completely ready for all of us.

Fundraising: $140.00 for a total of $990.00
Training: Walked 2.7 miles in 1 hour
Total miles to date: 3.7

No comments:

Post a Comment