Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Step At A Time (02/01/10)

How can a day of rest feel so full? I volunteered in my son's class, ran an errand or two, had lunch with my husband, who is on Jury Duty, helped my son with homework, took my daughter to dance class and then cooked dinner for everyone. I guess it's that on the days I don't work out, I try to jam even more of the everyday stuff into it to make up for the time I'm giving over to training on those other days. I'm still not into a "groove" with my training and I'm sure it will take even more time to get to that point. I'm trying to fit everything in while stealing an hour to an hour and half to get me into shape. I don't begrudge the time at all, and as a matter of fact, I quite enjoy the time spent by myself focusing on getting myself healthier and trying to help the world be a better place at the same time. It's a juggling act though. I know as my weekend walks get longer later on, that I will find this even more difficult. It all just happens one step at a time though, much like finding the cure for this disease. Nothing worth while happens overnight or is without sacrafice.

Fundraising: $40.00, Total: $2,005.00
Training: Day off
Total miles to date: 34.5

No comments:

Post a Comment