Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Down Time (03/10/10)

Everyone needs down time. The last couple weeks were exceptionally busy for me and had some rough emotional moments. I had days I didn't want to work out, but I did that anyway. I didn't want to think about fundraising and I didn't. The nice thing about having until November to reach my goal, is I can take some time off to recharge and work my energy back up and then tackle it again refreshed and renewed.

Breaks are important. No one sets off in the morning on the 3-day walk and just walks all the way through. There are rest stops (I hear) about every 3 miles, where you can get snacks, refill your drinks, take a quick break, stretch and refresh yourself before continuing on. There's a lunch stop along the way. Very few of us could walk 20 miles in a single day at one go. Three miles is not as far as you might think and broken in to 3 mile legs, I know this walk it totally doable. My own experience has shown that even a 5 minute break makes a huge difference in how far I can go. When you take the time to stop, rest and refresh, you can do more, go farther and make a bigger difference.

So here's to breaks! Be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to take down time. It will ultimately get you further than you could otherwise.

Fundraising: Total: $2,590.00
Training: 4.0 miles in 1 hour 32 min
Total miles to date: 126.4
---------------------------------
(03/09/10)
Fundraising: $150.00 Total: $2,590.00
Training: 2 miles in 45 min., 1 hour tap class
Total miles to date: 122.4
-----------------------------------
(03/08/10)
Fundraising: Total: $2,440.00
Training: Cross-training, Ellipitical, 0.8 miles in 30 minutes
Total miles to date: 120.4

No comments:

Post a Comment