Friday, June 11, 2010

23 Weeks Out

Another week gone by where I am sidelined.  Physical Therapy is going well and my pain is going down.  The good news for this week is that I have been given a green light to go ahead and try a short training walk.  I'm going to stay super close to home so if I start feeling the foot that I can easily come back.  I'll also make sure I stretch really well beforehand and afterwards.  We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday I went to my son's end of year picnic and helped keep tabs on over 60 1st graders.  My foot hurt a bit by the end of it, but by this morning I was feeling almost no pain.  That is a huge improvement.  Things are not going as quickly as I'd like, but I'm doing my best to be patient and not rush things.  The best thing is that they do seem to be improving.

I signed up for my 14 day free trial at the gym almost two weeks ago.  I have only been able to get one swim in so far due to a cold that has had me not very functional.  Once I am well, I'll sign up for a regular membership or maybe just sign up for lap swim at the community pool which will be open for summer starting in about a week.  I haven't decided yet.

All in all not too much to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment