Monday, March 7, 2011

An Out of the Ordinary "Training Walk"

So I'm happy to report that except for the waking up at 5 am part of yesterday, my participation in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Los Angeles was a fun way to spend my Sunday morning. They told us there were over 8,000 walkers/runners there that day and that they expected that the event had raised over $1 million for the L.A. affiliate. Most of those funds stay right here in Los Angeles.

It was one of the fastest 3 miles I've walked in a while, and it felt good. It's nice to have a change of pace for my training walk! I want to get my more regular walking routine back in place and I'm almost ready to dive headlong into fundraising again. I hope the beginning of your year is going smoothly and I hope you will consider supporting my walk this year!

(3/6/11)
Training: 3.1 miles in 50 minutes at the L.A. Komen Race for the Cure
Total miles walked this year: 49.9

(3/5/11)
Training: 5.5 miles in 1 hour 42 minutes
Total miles walked this year: 46.8

(2/26/11)
Training: 5.2 miles in 1 hour 40 minutes
Total miles walked this year: 41.3

No comments:

Post a Comment